The Holiday season is quickly approaching and that means the our Gingerbread House Contest is just around the corner. All are welcome to enter including professionals and ametures and of course youth. Entries are due on November 27th. Click here for the application.
CONTEST RULES AND INFORMATION
ABOUT THE CONTEST
• Registration form and gingerbread house must be received by November 27, 2013.
• The contest is open to individuals, children, families, professionals and community groups.
• One entry per person, group or family.
• Lansing City Market management reserves the right to reject any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
ABOUT YOUR ENTRY
• Be creative!
• Any architectural structure — real or imaginary—is eligible. (e.g., house, train, spaceship)
• Entry must have major components (such as walls and roof) constructed of gingerbread.
• All components other than the base must be edible.
• The entry must be delivered in completed form, attached to a base enabling it to be freestanding. Bases can be a maximum of 12 x 12 inches with a total height not to exceed 18 inches.
• Battery operated lights or decorative elements may be used, however plug-in devices are not allowed.
DELIVERING YOUR ENTRY
• Your entry must be complete prior to delivery.
• Entries must be delivered to Market Manager’s office by 6pm on Wednesday November 27.
• Entries will remain on display at the Market through December 28, 2013.
• Gingerbread is fragile and all entries will be displayed in a public space. We will do our best to secure your entry, however we cannot guarantee against lost, theft or damage.
REMOVING YOUR ENTRY
• Entries may not be picked up until Saturday, December 28, 2013.
• Entries must be picked up by Friday, January 3, 2014.
• Entries not picked up by noon on Saturday, January 4 will be discarded.
HOW ARE ENTRIES JUDGED?
• Entries will be judged on originality (creativity), workmanship (detail, precision, and difficulty), and presentation (appearance)
• All entries are also eligible for People’s Choice Award voting. (No criteria, only public opinion) Voting will take place from November 30, 2013 to December 28, 2013.
• Entries will be separated into different categories based on age and level of professionalism before judging.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
• Winners will be notified by Friday, January 3, 2014.
All questions should be directed to Heather Hymes, Lansing City Market Manager. 517-483-7460.